Pillow Thoughts II: Healing the Heart Book by Courtney Peppernell
Pillow Thoughts II: Healing the Heart by: Courtney Peppernell
Published by: Andrews McMeel Publishing on August 7, 2018
Peppernell understands that healing is a process, and Pillow Thoughts II eloquently captures the time and experience that one goes through on their journey to peace through restoration.
A collection of inspirational and comforting poems for anyone who is mending from a broken heart.
Before I start this review, I just have to say that if you get the chance to pick up one of Courtney Peppernell’s poetry collections, you have to! Give it a shot! She’s become my favorite poet over a matter of her few books. To be honest, I fell for her words after the first Pillow Thoughts was written, and I’ve only loved her other poetry books more and more.
What I liked in this book –
- Peppernell’s emotions. They are so clearly on the pages, and I can connect to her so quickly through almost all of her poems. I’ve never connected to someone’s words so easily.
- The way that the poems are separated. They are separated by what they have in common, which makes it a much more enjoyable read.
- It’s all written in free verse, which makes it so easy to read, at least in my opinion.
- It’s such a quick read. I read it in about two sittings, and I’ve picked it up a few times since I’ve read it just to flip through and read some other poems when I feel like it.
- Her poems are exactly what the title says they are: pillow thoughts. Everything is so free-flowing and I just love that about Peppernell’s poems.
Honestly, there was nothing I disliked. I can’t wait to read more from Peppernell in the future, because she has pulled on my heartstrings in all of her poetry collections now. I love her work more than Rupi Kaur’s, and I recommend it to everyone who’s interested in poetry or is just looking for something to read. There’s just something about the way Peppernell writes, her words are comforting.